Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Tantalizing Tuesday Tete-Tete's

1Prompts:

11.)    unalienable-[uhn-eyl-yuh-nuh-buh l, -ey-lee-uh-] not transferable to another or not capable of being taken away or denied; inalienable  Eg) Inherent in the U.S. Constitution is the belief that all people are born with an unalienable right to freedom.
22.)    discreet [dih-skreet]
           adjective
           ~judicious in one's conduct or speech, especially with regard to respecting privacy or maintaining silence about something of a delicate nature; prudent; circumspect.
           ~showing prudence and circumspection; decorous:
           a discreet silence.
         ~modestly unobtrusive; unostentatious:
           a discreet, finely wrought gold necklace.
            Eg.)“Munro is a great writer; a wise writer; a free and brave, exacting, transformative, generous, and profoundly discreet writer.” –Gish Jen, “Alice Munro, Cinderella Story,” The Daily Beast, October 12, 2013
3.) melancholy - [mel-uh n-kol-ee] – noun, plural melancholies.
a gloomy state of mind, especially when habitual or prolonged; depression.
sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.
Archaic.
the condition of having too much black bile, considered in ancient and medieval medicine to cause gloominess and depression.
black bile.
adjective
affected with, characterized by, or showing melancholy; mournful; depressed:
a melancholy mood.
causing melancholy or sadness; saddening:
a melancholy occasion.
soberly thoughtful; pensive.



Black Cloud
I have the alienable right to be depressed
To suffer from melancholy
Though I try to be discreet
And keep myself from others
When I don’t want to talk
Everything seems dull
I'm easily distracted
I don't know quite why
I'm not my cheery self
But soon the black cloud will lift
And I will be happy again
I just have to wait it out
I know I'll smile again
And the sun will come out

©Sheilagh Lee July 07, 2017

7 comments:

  1. There is a pleasure in shadows knowing the sun will rise. Well composed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite healthy to have that balance in life. Where there is light, there definitely has to be darkness. Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the assertion of these rights to negativity and feelings. Sometimes it seems like everyone expects a world of nothing but happiness and light. I prefer a more varied world, LOL! Anyway, well done.

    ReplyDelete